The mission of Ankeny First United Methodist Church is to be an open and inviting community of faith through which God grows deeply committed Christians.
REACH WITH the love of Christ
We advance our mission by connecting people with God through prayer, worship, scripture study, Christian fellowship, sacraments, and service (traditional Wesleyan "means of grace").
- A new transformed life begins when each of us claims, "Jesus is Lord."
- In Christian fellowship we experience the presence of the living Christ.
- Celebrating God together in worship is the central expression of the Christian community.
- It is in serving others that we serve Jesus Christ.
- Scripture is our primary resource for discerning God's will.
- All we have comes from and is owed to God.
- The Holy Spirit is the source of our power to follow Jesus Christ.
- Prayer is the most consistently powerful means through which the Holy Spirit enters and directs our lives.
- It is our responsibility and joy to invite all people to participate in the Church so a personal relationship with Jesus Christ may be established and grown.
- Christian education is a vital part of growing in knowledge and faith.
- The sacraments (baptism and communion are instruments by which Christ is remembered and Received.
Key Bible Verse
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31
For more information about the beliefs of the greater United Methodist Church, click here.
- Hits: 7330