Welcome to the Christian Care Ministry! We are so excited about the opportunity to serve the Lord by caring for each other and strengthening the bonds within the Ankeny FUMC Family. You can expect to feel the love of God through the warmth and nurturing action of our caring ministry volunteers, who reach out to provide compassion and serve those experiencing tough times.
Our mission is to reflect God’s love and to bring wholeness and healing to God’s people through support, education, and service. Congregational Care includes several ministry teams and congregational care support groups, the details of which are accessed by clicking on the headings in the left column.
Sexual & Domestic Violence, and Addiction Resources
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center: 877-739-3895
- National Center on Domestic & Sexual Violence
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network): 800-656 HOPE (24-hr confidential hotline)
- ATSA (Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers)
- Addiction & Domestic Violence: A Look at the Connections
- Talking to a Child Who Has Been Abused
- When It's Time to Go
- Domestic Violence Against Men: Know the Signs
- Staying Safe Before and After Leaving Abuse
- 12 Steps to Protect Your Finances When Leaving an Abusive Relationship
Resources on Bullying
Register today for our Christian Caregiving Course. It's a 4-week course on Mondays beginning October 9. Cost is $15 for the accompanying textbook.