“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music.” –Psalm 98:4
At Ankeny First United Methodist Church, music and the arts are vital parts of the worship experience. We offer a variety of musical opportunities for children, youth and adults to BURST into jubilant song. There is something for every musician at every site! Whether you are a singer or instrumentalist, prefer traditional or contemporary music, play flute or guitar, we encourage you to share your gifts and join us for fellowship, fun rehearsals and meaningful worship!
Explore the links on the left to find out more about our worship arts groups and rehearsal times.
Worship Teams meet year-round, while most choirs and instrumental ensembles meet September-June.
6th-12th graders are a vital part of our worship arts ministry as well. Download this registration form to get involved in our youth ministry.
Music Offerings at the Uptown Site - Part of [email protected]
- 4:50-5:20pm – Heavenly Metal (6th - 12th gr. Youth Hand Bell Choir)
- 5:30-6:00pm – Celebration Chimes (3rd - 6th gr. Tone Chime Choir)
- 5:30-6:00pm – Youth Orchestra (6th - 9th gr. rehearsal for church orchestra)
- 6:00-6:30pm – Uptown Little Cherubs (Age 3 - Kindergarten Children's Choir)
- 6:00-6:30pm – Kids of the Kingdom (1st - 5th gr. Children's Choir)
- 6:00-7:00pm – 11:00 Worship Team (Sr. High - Adult)
- 6:00-7:00pm – Praise Ringers (Adult Hand Bell Choir)
- 7:00-8:00pm – Instruments of Peace (Sr. High - Adult rehearsal for church orchestra)
- 7:00-8:00pm – 9:45 Worship Team (Sr. High - Adult)
- 7:00-8:15pm – Chancel Choir (Sr. High - Adult rehearsal)
Music Offerings at the CLC
- 6:30-7:10pm (Monday) – Praise Choir (6th - Adult Praise Choir)
- 7:00-8:30pm (Monday)– Worship Team @First
- 6:00-6:30pm (Tuesday) – CLC Little Cherubs (Age 3 - Kindergarten Children's Choir)
Music Offerings at Faith Chapel
- 10:00-11:00pm (Tuesday) – Bells of Faith (Adult Tone Chime Choir)
- 7:00-8:00am (Tuesday) – Chapel Singers (Sr. High - Adult Choir)