“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music.” –Psalm 98:4
At Ankeny First United Methodist Church, music and the arts are vital parts of the worship experience. We offer a variety of musical opportunities for children, youth and adults to BURST into jubilant song. There is something for every musician at every site! Whether you are a singer or instrumentalist, prefer traditional or contemporary music, play flute or guitar, we encourage you to share your gifts and join us for fellowship, fun rehearsals and meaningful worship!
Explore the links on the left to find out more about our worship arts groups and rehearsal times.
Worship Teams meet year-round, while most choirs and instrumental ensembles meet September-June.
6th-12th graders and young adults are a vital part of our worship arts ministry as well. REGISTER HERE for vocal and instrumental groups just for you!
Music Offerings at the Uptown Site - Part of [email protected]
- 4:50-5:20pm – Heavenly Metal (6th - 12th gr. Youth Hand Bell Choir)
- 5:25-6:10pm - NEW! Youth & Young Adult Worship Arts (youth 6th-12th grades & young adults ages 18-25 choir with dance, drama, band)
- 5:30-6:00pm – Celebration Chimes (3rd - 6th gr. Tone Chime Choir)
- 6:00-6:40pm – Uptown Little Cherubs (Age 3 - Kindergarten Children's Choir)
- 6:00-6:40pm – Kids of the Kingdom (1st - 5th gr. Children's Choir)
- 6:15-7:00pm – 11:00 Worship Team (Sr. High - Adult)
- 6:00-7:00pm – Praise Ringers (Adult Hand Bell Choir)
- 7:00-8:00pm – Instruments of Peace (Sr. High - Adult rehearsal for church orchestra)
- 7:00-8:15pm – Chancel Choir (Sr. High - Adult rehearsal)
- 8:15-9:00pm - Men's Vocal Group (Sr. High-Adult Men's Choir)
Other Offerings at the Uptown Site
- 9:30-11:00pm (Saturday) – Visual Scriptures (4th grade - Adult Puppet & Drama Ministry)
- 4:00-5:00pm (Saturday) Spirit Alive Worship Team (6th grade - Adult)
Music Offerings at the CLC
- 7:00-8:30pm (Monday) – Worship Team @First
- 6:00-6:30pm (Tuesday) – CLC Little Cherubs (Age 3 - Kindergarten Children's Choir)
- 5:45-6:30pm (Wednesday) – Spark Worship Team (6th grade - Sr. High)
- 6:30-7:00pm (Saturday) – The Road of Recovery Worship Team (Sr. High-Adult)
Music Offerings at Faith Chapel
- 10:00-11:00pm (Tuesday) – Bells of Faith (Adult Tone Chime Choir)
- 8:00-8:45am (Third Sundays) – Chapel Singers (Sr. High - Adult Choir)
- 10:10-10:25am (Sunday) – Faith Chapel 10:30 Worship Team (6th grade-Adult)