How can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? Romans 10:14
Capital Campaign Intro Video: See it here!
How will the children know? How will the young families and the elderly? How will life-long residents and all those brand new to our community know? Clearly God has uniquely placed Ankeny First UMC within this community "for a time such as this" (Esther 4:14). Through our three year capital campaign, we will be able to ensure that our facilities, and those capital needs of our mission partners, continue to be safe, inviting places where we can reach out to new persons with the love of Jesus Christ.What makes capital campaign giving different?
Capital campaign giving requires sacrificial gifts from each of us - gifts over and above our annual operating budget giving to our church. We each have different means and resources, but we can all share proportionally. Together, we can do something bigger than any of us could ever do on our own.Objectives of Our Campaign
- Pay down the debt on the Christian Life Center. 70% of funds recieved will be directed to our current debt of around $2.5 million.
- Provide upkeep and maintenance for our three site church. 20% will be directed to roof repairs, heating/cooling systems, and other maintenance needs that arise at all threee worship sites.
- Support our mission partnerships with Trinity/Las Americas UMC and Malawi UMC. Tithing 10% of funds received will provide safe, usable building repairs to Trinity/Las Americas, a vital church in the heart of inner city Des Moines; and outreach ministries through 20 bore holes and a farm in Malawi, Africa.
- Reach for the Future. Begin to position ourselves with new/renewed ministries to continue reaching the 60% of people in Ankeny who do not have a church home.
We invite you to complete your invitation card and bring it to any church office or drop it in the offering place during worship.Ways to Give to our Capital Campaign "That They May Know."
- With your regular offering, designate your additional capital campaign contributions as "TTMK" or "Captial Campaign" in your check memo or offering envelope.
- One time or ongoing, automatic withdrawals from your checking/saving accounts or credit card through our Online Giving option.
- Direct contributions from IRA accounts (see your IRA trustee or custodian for requirements and details of transfer.)